Considering that rate a which schools are having their budgets slashed, it’s no wonder that many teachers are losing their jobs and recent graduates can’t seem to find work. But, fear not. There are jobs and you can get them. Follow these best practices to improve your chances: getting a job teaching.
Want a preview? Here are bullets of the ten suggestions:
1. Get Certified in an Area of Need
2. Collect Artifacts
3. Distinguish Yourself from Your Rivals
4. Be Aggressive
5. Use Your Telephone
6. Upgrade Your Contact Information
7. Open up Your Options
8. Apply Where Vacancies Have Not Been Posted
9. Survey Your Friends and Family
10. Look Past the Last Day
Don’t let the job market get you down. Our society will always need teachers and their will always be opportunities. Combine your passion with knowledge and form a plan of action.